The Wyze error code 90 occurs when the Wyze cam cannot interact with the streaming servers. This error code makes the camera device not run smoothly. It is usually a result of network problems, or maybe from the firewall.
However, Wyze error code 90 is fixable with a few operations. This guide will discuss what this error is, its causes, and possible solutions to fix it.
- 1 What is Wyze Error Code 90?
- 2 What Causes Wyze Error Code 90?
- 3 How To Fix This Error?
- 4 How to reset WYZE Wi-Fi
- 5 Connection Failed Message on the Wyze App
- 6 Cannot Scan the QR Code
What is Wyze Error Code 90?
This error code means that the Wyze cam cannot communicate with the streaming servers due to some issues. When you encounter this issue, you will see the message:
“We are not able to connect with Disney+ at this point. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit the Disney+ Help Center (Error Code 90).”
This means that a general error occurred while streaming to your device. It is typically a device connection error, compatibility issue, or account issue. However, we will elaborate more on the next section.
What Causes Wyze Error Code 90?
If you encounter the Wyze Cam error code 90, it is probably because of the reasons listed below:
Poor Internet Connectivity
The cause of the error code 90 issue varies for different users. However, most times, you will find out that this problem occurred due to poor internet connectivity. The Wyze cam works completely with internet connection support, meaning that any problem with your Wi-Fi connection will greatly impact the performance of the Wyze Cam.
Even though the Wyze cam can operate even if it is not connected to the internet, its functionality is decreased without it. The camera can still record and save data to its microSD. But you will be unable to activate its streaming features, motion, and sound detection. You will also be unable to adjust your camera settings using the Wyze App.
You may also encounter the error code 90 due to some problems with your account settings. Therefore, it is important to check that everything is in order. If you cannot detect the problems, you can always contact the Wyze support website. You will get the necessary information on what to do from there.
Incompatibility Between The Wyze Cam And Mobile Device
You may get the error code 90 when your mobile device and the Wyze camera are not compatible. You can operate the Wyze camera without an internet connection, but you need to set it up through a couple of steps. First of all, you will have to install the Wyze official app on your mobile device. And then connect the Wyze cam with the Wyze official app.
How To Fix This Error?
There are several solutions for you to fix the Wyze cam error code 90. I have detailed these solutions in this section. You will have to follow these solutions in the order of the presentation.
With that said, if you are encountering the error code 90 while setting up your Wyze cam, follow the below-given guide to fix it.
Solution 1 – Try Rebooting Your Camera And Phone
When you encounter the Wyze error code 90, the first thing you should do is check the Wyze app’s performance on your phone. If it works well, you should try the next solution. If there is a problem, you should try rebooting your phone. When you are done, reboot the camera device.
An error may have caused the problem in the camera’s software operations. After rebooting both devices, reconnect Wyze Cam with your smartphone through the available application.
To reboot your phone, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open the settings option and locate Backup & reset
- Step 2: Tap Factory reset
- Step 3: Enter your password and erase all data on your device.
- Step 4: Reboot your device and restore all the data.
You should know that the steps above are for Android devices. If the error you are unable to fix the error after rebooting your camera and phone, move down to the next potential solution below.
Solution 2 – Check If Your Smartphone Is Compatible With The Camera Device
Another good way to fix the error code 90 is to check the compatibility between your phone and the Wyze camera. To do this, you need to visit Wyze’s official website and find some information about the operating system needed to run the camera. Also, you can check the Wyze website on the application pages.
If you find out that your mobile device does not support the camera’s operating system, you will have to find another suitable device. Also, if you discover that your mobile device is compatible, you need to move down to the next solution to fix the error code 90.
Solution 3 – Checking Your Internet Connectivity
This solution is your last resort and usually the most successful solution to the error code 90. I found out from the user reports that double-checking your internet connectivity fixes this error. To do this, you need to follow the guide below.
- Step 1: – In the camera’s initial setup, you will be asked to connect to the internet.
- Step 2: – When you are done, you can set it up via the official application that has been provided for Android and IOS.
- Step 3: – At this point, if your Wi-Fi network is not strong, it will interrupt the setup process causing it to fail. So, try turning off your router for some time and then restart it.
- Step 4: –. When the internet network is working fine, reconnect your phone to the Wyze camera using its app.
Hopefully, the solutions above will help you fix the Wyze error code 90 on your Wyze camera. So, you can enjoy all the great features offered by this indoor security camera.
How to reset WYZE Wi-Fi
The factory reset process is often used to eliminate the current Wi-Fi connection information from your Wyze plug. This operation is used when you have a new Wi-Fi network and want to set up the Wyze plug with the network, or when you need to perform a full reset.
You can carry out a factory reset on your Wyze Plug by following the guidelines below:
- Step 1: – Hold down the on/off button on your Plug side until the status light turns blue.
- Step 2: – When the status light has turned blue, you can now set up the Wyze Plug through the app again using the new Wi-Fi network.
You can click on this link to access the Wyze support page if you want to know more about Wyze Plug Setup.
Connection Failed Message on the Wyze App
This error can occur because of reasons and is often difficult to narrow down. However, if you encounter it, you need to check the following points.
- Please confirm that the Wi-Fi name (SSID) and the password are correct. Bear in mind that the fields are Case-Sensitive.
- Please ensure that you are trying to connect to a 2.4GHz network. Make sure that your mobile device is connected to the 2.4GHz network for the Setup of the Wyze Camera.
- If these steps fail, you need to perform a Factory Reset.
Cannot Scan the QR Code
If you are having issues with scanning the QR Code on your Wyze cam, you can fix it by following the steps below.
- Step 1: – Make sure you turn off all bright light sources in the area. Ensure that the lens of the Wyze Camera is clean. Wipe off any fingerprints.
- Step 2: – Hold the screen of your phone steady in front of your Wyze camera and slowly adjust the distance. Wait for about 5 seconds at the new distance to allow your Wyze Cam enough time to adjust to the new distance.
- Step 3: If you have a larger screen (a tablet), hold the tablet and Wyze Camera a bit farther apart to allow the Wyze Cam to see the tablet’s whole screen.
- Step 4: – If these steps did not work, you need to perform a Factory Reset.
- Step 5: – If you are still unable to fix the error, the camera is probably defective, you need to contact Wyze Support.
Wyze error code 90 is an error that occurs when the Wyze cam cannot interact with the streaming servers. It is usually due to a device connection error, compatibility issue, or account issue.
You may have to check your internet connectivity to fix it. This guide has given you information on the solutions to help you fix this error. Now it is your turn to perform these solutions and fix them.