I was checking my TikTok feed the other day and noticed some weird bugs and glitches. I started to look for ways to resolve and avoid these issues. Luckily, I was able to find several ways to fight against bugs and glitches on TikTok.
If your TikTok application is glitching, try restarting the application. Also, make sure that your internet connection is working properly and that TikTok is supported in your region. Finally, ensure that your TikTok application is updated and clear the app’s cache. If nothing works, contact TikTok support for further assistance.
The next section of this guide will detail the different causes of common TikTok glitches.
- 1 What Causes A Glitch In Your TikTok?
- 2 Ways To Check And Fix TikTok Glitches
- 2.1 1. Force Stop And Restart The TikTok App
- 2.2 2. Restart Your Device
- 2.3 3. Update Or Reinstall TikTok App
- 2.4 4. Clear App Cache Or Junk Data
- 2.5 5. Check Internet Connection
- 2.6 6. Restart Your Data Connection Or Reboot Your Router
- 2.7 7. Use VPN
- 2.8 8. Use A Third-Party App To Fix Your Phone
- 2.9 9. Contact TikTok Support
- 3 How To Fix TikTok 0 Views Glitch
- 4 Conclusion
What Causes A Glitch In Your TikTok?
The main causes of TikTok glitches are device issues, network connection problems, and region restrictions. Device issues could be caused by out-of-date phone software. Since your phone depends on updated software to function, TikTok could be affected if it is not kept up-to-date.
Network problems are generally caused by ISP issues such as network outages or high traffic. If your network is experiencing outages, TikTok will not function properly. TikTok will also not function properly if your network is overloaded.
Finally, region restrictions can heavily impact the TikTok experience. Since TikTok is no longer supported in many different countries, the application will not work properly in those areas. All of these factors can cause glitches with the TikTok application.
The next section of this guide will provide ways to resolve these types of issues.
Ways To Check And Fix TikTok Glitches
1. Force Stop And Restart The TikTok App
Forcing the TikTok application to stop and restart can resolve glitches. Data leftover from running the TikTok application can cause glitches. The easiest way to resolve this is to force-stop the application. This will clear up any leftover data that could be causing the application issues.
For iPhone users, follow the steps below to force stop and restart your TikTok application:
1. While the TikTok application is open on your phone, use your finger to swipe up on the bottom of your screen.
2. This will bring up all of the open applications on your phone. In the list of open applications, flick the TikTok application up and off the screen.
3. Once you have done this, the TikTok application will have been completely closed.
4. Restart the TikTok application to see if your issue has been resolved.
1. Open the Settings menu.
2. Enter the Apps menu.
3. Tap the TikTok application.
4. Tap Force Stop.
5. Tap Force Stop again to confirm.
6. Restart the application.
The next fix on this list could help if this did not resolve your issue.
2. Restart Your Device
If force-stopping the application didn’t work, you should consider restarting your phone or tablet. Glitches that your device is currently being affected by could carry over and cause problems with TikTok. When this happens, you will need to restart your device to clear the errors.
The process to do this will depend on your model of phone. You should follow the process for restarting your model of phone and see if that resolves your issue. If this did not work, the data associated with the TikTok application could be corrupted or outdated.
This issue will be covered in detail in the next section of this guide.
3. Update Or Reinstall TikTok App
Glitches are commonly caused by corrupted software data or out-of-date software. When your software becomes corrupted or out-of-date, it will not function properly. To resolve this issue, you will need to either update or reinstall the application.
Keeping your applications up to date is vital for an optimal experience. If you let your application fall behind on updates, you run the risk of encountering errors and bugs with your TikTok application functions more frequently.
To update the application, follow the steps listed below.
1. First, you will need to navigate to the app store on your phone and search for the TikTok application.
2. On the TikTok application page in your phone’s app store, you will be able to view any potential update files that are available.
3. You will then need to manually download and install the update file for it to be applied to your phone.
4. Once this has been done, you should close and reopen the application and you should have the most current version of the TikTok application.
Most phones can be set up to automatically download and install updates so that you do not have to search for them manually. You will need to check your phone’s update settings to enable these settings on your device.
If there is no update available, you should consider uninstalling and reinstalling the application. This will clear all the files associated with the app and replace them with new ones. Once you have done this, open the app and see if your issue is resolved.
If this did not help resolve your problem, you should consider clearing the cache of any leftover data. This method will be detailed in the section below.
4. Clear App Cache Or Junk Data
Clearing your app cache, or junk data will clear your device of any corrupted files associated with TikTok. How you clear your TikTok cache will depend on the type of device that you are currently using to access the application.
The section below will walk you through the process for popular mobile devices and web browsers that are most commonly used to access TikTok.
For Google Chrome:
1. First, you will need to click the three dots at the top right corner of your screen. This will bring up a menu where you can find the More Tools tab.
2. In the More Tools tab, you will find the option to Clear Browsing Data. Click this option and choose the All-Time option.
3. Finally check the Cached Images & Files box and click Clear Data. This will successfully clear your YouTube cache in Google Chrome.
1. You will first need to open the Firefox menu at the top of the screen.
2. Navigate to the History tab and you will find the option to Clear Recent History.
3. Click on Clear Recent History, approve the clearing of Everything, and check the Cache box.
4. Once this has been done click Clear Now and you will have successfully deleted your TikTok cache on Firefox.
1. You will need to open your device’s Settings menu and then open the Apps menu.
2. In the Apps menu, you will see the TikTok application.
3. Tap into the TikTok application menu and select Storage.
4. In the Storage menu, you will find the option to clear all of your cache data related to the TikTok application.
1. Simply delete the TikTok application from your device and reinstall it to successfully clear the cache.
After you have successfully cleared your TikTok cache, the location issues that you are experiencing have a good chance of being automatically resolved.
Keep in mind that these files will immediately begin to be replaced by new cache files. You should consider clearing your cache periodically as it begins to grow larger in size. If this did not help resolve your issue, you should check your internet connection.
5. Check Internet Connection
If your internet connection is having issues, then you could experience issues with the TikTok application. TikTok depends on a strong and stable internet connection to work properly. If your internet is experiencing outages or is slow due to heavy traffic, this could cause problems.
You should check your internet speed and connection status for any issues. If you determine that you are having internet connection issues, the troubleshooting method in the next section can help.
6. Restart Your Data Connection Or Reboot Your Router
Restarting your internet connection or rebooting your router can resolve most connection issues. The process to do this is simple and will only take a few minutes.
To restart your data connection, locate the button on your router that resets the connection. This button is typically located on the top or front side of the router. Press this button and wait for the connection to reestablish.
If this did not resolve your issue, consider rebooting your router. To reboot your router, simply unplug it for at least sixty seconds.
This will give your router time to completely power off and stop any latent functions occurring inside the device. Once you have powered your router back on, it will automatically begin the process of reestablishing a connection to your devices.
If you are still having internet issues, this could be due to some type of network error on their end. This can sometimes be resolved using a VPN. This will be detailed in the section below.
7. Use VPN
A VPN can help bypass any region restrictions or network issues that you could be experiencing. A VPN masks your location and identity while using the internet. They can be beneficial for accessing the TikTok servers from different IP addresses and locations.
Sometimes this will resolve bugs and glitches caused by network issues that you could be experiencing. You will need to find a VPN and download it on your PC or mobile device. Once you have downloaded and installed a VPN, turn it on before using the TikTok application.
This will mask your identity while using the application. This will also allow you to bypass any region restrictions keeping you from using TikTok properly. One of the best VPNs currently on the market is NordVPN. NordVPN is a paid service that offers secure and private internet use.
If using a VPN did not solve your issue, you should consider a third-party application to help fix your problem. This will be covered in more detail below.
8. Use A Third-Party App To Fix Your Phone
Using a third-party application to resolve software issues on your phone can fix your TikTok issues. If your phone’s software has been corrupted and cannot be repaired on its own, a third-party app will help. These applications are designed to identify and resolve software errors on your phone.
An example of this type of software is iMyFone. iMyFone offers system recovery software for both Android and iPhone devices. The iMyFone software comes with tools designed to diagnose and resolve software issues on your phone.
You should consider downloading and using an application like iMyFone to resolve your issues with TikTok. If you do not wish to use a third-party software, you should consider contacting TikTok support. This will be discussed in the next section.
9. Contact TikTok Support
If you are experiencing many persistent issues with your TikTok application, you should consider contacting TikTok support so they can investigate your issue further.
You should only consider this once you have attempted all of the troubleshooting methods listed here, as TikTok support will likely suggest many of the methods on this list.
You can contact TikTok support on their website or through the app. There you will find detailed instructions on how to report your issue. First, you will need to provide a detailed account of your problem which will then be investigated by someone at TikTok Technical Support.
TikTok Support will walk you through any potential troubleshooting methods that you might have missed and offer detailed suggestions on how to successfully solve your issue.
This method requires some patience, as dealing with customer service on the phone can be frustrating. Rest assured that TikTok Support will do all it can to get your application functioning properly.
How To Fix TikTok 0 Views Glitch
To fix your TikTok 0 views glitch, you will first need to check your account settings to ensure they are set properly. This includes making sure that your account is not set to private. You should also check the privacy settings for individual posts.
After you have done this, make sure that the TikTok servers are not currently down. Servers issues at TikTok can cause the 0 views glitch to occur. Another important thing to consider for new users of the TikTok app is the video review period.
If you are a new user, your first five videos will be under review for a period of time after you post them. This will cause your videos to remain at 0 views. All of the factors contribute to 0 views on TikTok.
If your TikTok application is glitching, it could be due to a number of hardware or software issues. You should try and resolve your software issues by updating your devices and applications. This can help you avoid issues with the TikTok application in the future.
Glitches are common with any application and can make using them frustrating. It is important to resolve these issues as soon as possible. If all else fails, consider contacting TikTok support for more help.