Rlvknlg.exe is developed by TMRG, Inc. as an executable file. Rlvknlg.exe is part of the relevant knowledge program which monitors user’s internet behavior. It reports back your internet behavior to a server for data collection purposes; the software is about 6.6 MB.
It has a digital footprint which indicates that the developer is registered with a certificate authority. The program runs in the background, this makes it hard to detect and terminate. It is usually connected to the internet via a server or a local network. You can only terminate it using the task manager or powerful anti-malware software.
- 1 WHAT IS RLVKNLG.EXE?
- 2 IS RLVKNLG.EXE DANGEROUS?
- 3 HOW TO FIX RLVKNLG.EXE
- 4 Using Google Chrome
- 5 Using Mozilla Firefox
- 6 Conclusion
WHAT IS RLVKNLG.EXE?
Rlvknlg.exe is installed by users either knowingly or not, it could be attached with other software, sneaky right? It comes bundled with a free download as they most times do not tell you about the added program before downloading.
This oftentimes leaves users wondering where the program came from. You might want to be careful about where you download your software from. Always check the installation agreement before accepting and do not install any software from sources you don’t trust.
IS RLVKNLG.EXE DANGEROUS?
Most antivirus and malware protection software has marked Rlvknlg.exe as a malware or adware. In most case, there is a 75% chance that it is dangerous when found in the C:\windows\system32 directory. It is located in window folder even though it isn’t part of the operating system.
It neither has a visible window nor appears in the taskbar. Rlvknlg.exe is a spyware and it’s very difficult to get rid of, it has no direct benefit to consumer. It is responsible for the annoying redirects and pop-up ads.
Rlvknlg.exe can be classified as adware, they show content to generate pay per click revenue and oftentimes redirect the traffic to the associated website. You might notice some adware-type intruder symptoms such as random links, banners, and pop-ups.
It could get to the point where your web browser looks different or a browser-based app installed without authorization. You should remove the program immediately you notice this. The steps to follow will be mentioned in the later part of this post. Advertisers could make content more geared towards you based on your internet behavior. At this point, your privacy and identity might be at risk.
Most computer expert considers it as a threat as it could cause harm to your computer. It can cause lag which can affect it overall efficiency. It can collect data such s your IP address, your approximate location, name and so on. This data can be sold to third party on black market and can be used for shady activities.
HOW TO FIX RLVKNLG.EXE
Rlvknlg.exe can be very hard to remove from your computer. It can go undetected by some antivirus and malware protection software. Rlvknlg.exe is only detected by the task manager and some very potent antivirus software.
Below are some of the best methods to removing Rlvknlg.exe, they are some of the most effective methods. These steps are carefully broken down to be detailed, clear, and easy to comprehend.
SOLUTION ONE: UNINSTALL RELEVANT KNOWLEDGE FROM WINDOWS
As stated easier, Rlvknlg.exe is installed by the user knowingly or unknowingly. This step entails the identification and removal of Rlvknlg.exe.
For Windows 10 Users
- Click the start button, type “control panel” then click on the result.
- On the new window find and click on the “uninstall a program” option, this is on the “program” category.
For Windows 8 Users
- Right-click the start button and select “program and features”, this opens directly the list of installed program.
- An alternative to this is pressing the Windows key + X, this opens “programs and features” directly.
- You will see a list of the installed programs on the “program and feature” window. Browse through the link till you find “relevant knowledge”.
- Select it to highlight and then click “uninstall”. The uninstall button usually appears on the top toolbar.
- Confirm the installation process by clicking on “yes”. Follow the on-screen prompt to install Rlvknlg.exe
- Make sure you read the prompt well as some malicious program might try to sneak it way back to your computer.
SOLUTION TWO: USE MALWAREBYTES FREE TO REMOVE RLVKNLG.EXE ADWARE
Malwarebytes free is a popular and effective anti-malware software, it earned it popularity due to its efficiency. It is free and able to remove all malware other software would miss.
It is recommended as an essential tool in fighting malware. Malwarebytes free runs without conflict with your antivirus follow these steps to remove Rlvknlg.exe using this software.
- Download Malwarebytes free from the official site. You can skip this step and the next if you have the software installed
- Open the setup file after downloading to install it. Most browser saves downloaded file in the “download” folder; you will find the downloaded software there.
- A user account control window may pop-up, click on “yes” to allow the software make changes to your computer. You can continue with the installation afterward by following the screen prompt.
- After installing, you will be prompted to choose between free and premium version. Click on use Malwarebytes free
- Click on the scan button and the software will automatically scan and update the antivirus database. Wait till the end of the scan; it usually takes a few minute. Make sure you scan periodically to make sure your system is protected at all times.
- After the scan as be completed, you will be presented malware infection the software has detected. Click on “quarantine” to remove the malware.
- Restart your computer after this to complete the removal process.
SOLUTION 3: REMOVE RELEVANT KNOWLEDGE ADS BY RESETTING YOUR BROWSER SETTING.
Rlvknlg.exe can cause some annoying pop-ups and redirects. You can remove this by resetting your browser’s setting. The steps might slightly differ depend on the type of browser you are using. This post will cover the step how to rest using the major browsers.
Using Google Chrome
Resetting Google Chrome browser will halt unwanted changes cause by Rlvknlg.exe while still retaining vital information such as saved passwords. Follow this step to rest your browser to remove Rlvknlg.exe.
- Click on the main menu button, you will find this in the top right corner of the browser. It is usually represented by here vertical lines, after clicking a drop-down menu appear.
- Click on “settings”, this will appear in a new tab. Scroll down and click on “advanced” link.
- Scroll down and click on “reset settings to original defaults”.
- Complete the restoration process by clicking on the “reset settings”.
Using Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the browser main menu, this is represented by three horizontal lines. Click on “help”
- On the help menu, click “troubleshooting information” then click on “refresh Firefox”. The button is found in the upper-right corner of the window.
- A new confirmation window will appears; confirm your action by clicking “refresh Firefox” button.
- This step will reverse all settings to default. A window will list the imported information, and then you can click on “finish”.
Rlvknlg.exe is generally hard to remove; any of this solution should be able to remove Rlvknlg.exe from your computer. Rlvknlg.exe can slow down your system and prompt pop-up ads while browsing, it best to remove them immediately they are detected. Always run a routine scan to make sure your computer is malware, adware and spyware free.